August is coming to an end, and with it so is our Dare To Wear campaign. We decided to sit down with Tess for one last hurrah and have her answer some of our Dare To Wear questions for you guys!
1. What plus-size fashion myths do you think are complete bogus?
I think all of them are bogus to be honest. We should all wear whatever we want! It’s all about whatever you feel good in and owning it! Fashion should be about expressing yourself, without limitations.
2. How do you feel when you go against those myths?
Fearless. Sexy. Unstoppable.
3. Have you ever felt self-conscious about wearing a particular garment? How did you overcome it?
I used to never show my arms or wear shorts. I had to force myself to show them both even if it made me feel uncomfortable, and eventually it became second nature. That’s what I recommended to everyone, it really works. I never wear cardigans anymore unless I want to!
4. Any tricks to pulling off bold or “out there” looks?
I think pairing the look with a bold lipstick or strong accessory really ties an “out there” outfit together.
5. What do you think is the most bold piece in your fall collection and how would you wear it?
I’m known for being over the top and own lots of statement pieces – it’s all about taking risks and having fun!
6. Is there anyone that you totally admire for putting themselves out there and rocking vivacious outfits?