We have to admit, we have a bit of a girl crush on celebrity Melissa McCarthy. Here’s why we want the quadruple-threat (actress/comedian/writer/producer) on our side….
1) Melissa grew up on her family’s farm in Illinois, laughing alongside her big, Irish-Catholic family. That’s definitely a Sunday night dinner we’d love to attend.
2) She worked her way up the comedic ladder by doing improv at the Groundlings, an LA company. This was also a stepping-stone for a few of our other favourite funny ladies (and Bridesmaid co-stars) Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph.
3) This stylish-star knows how to rock the red carpet. We loved seeing her work it in her ready-to-wear Marina Rinaldi gown at the 2012 Academy Awards and more recently in her sophisticated a black silk kimono wrap over a chic print dress at TIFF 2014 to premier her hot new movie St. Vincent (opened in theatres on October 24th!)
4) She makes things happen. When designers refused to make her plus-sized dresses for the Oscars, she vowed to take matters into her own hands and put her fashion and textiles training to good use. And a designer was born…
5) She has a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series (Mike & Molly), and a slew of nominations for her work on Bridesmaids, The Heat and SNL.
6) If she’s anything like her lovable, caring and quirky character Sookie St. James from Gilmore Girls, we know we would become fast friends. We can hardly wait to binge-watch all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls on Netflix!
7) She’s just as crazy over home design and renovations as we are. In fact, she often swapped decorating advice with co-star Sandra Bullock on the set of Heat.
8) She knows how to work it in front of the camera and also behind the scenes. Melissa is the founder of On The Day, a production company she started with her husband Ben Falcone.
9) Jenny McCarthy is her first cousin…who knew?! Who wouldn’t want to be a fly on the wall when the ladies went out for dinner with their husbands. (Jenny is married to Donnie Walhberg from New Kids on the Block!)
10) Did we mention how funny we think she is?
Featured image source: NBC
Article image source: Redbook