Want to start walking and making your wellbeing a priority?
Join the Step Forward walking program, created with the goal of empowering women to make their wellness a priority! Our program consists of three 20 minute walks happening in the months of October, November and December.
Why We’re All About Walking
Walking is an easy way to make us feel good inside and out… and it is fun (especially with friends)! The most important thing that walking can give you is some “me” time. You’re in control, you decide where you want to go, and walking will get you there!
Taking The First Step
• The first thing that you need when starting to fit more walking in your day is to get a sense of how many steps you already do.
• Get a pedometer—or sign up for our Step Forward program and get one for FREE—and track your steps. You may be surprised at how much you’re already doing!
• The general recommendation for maintaining good health is 10,000 steps. See where you are per day and set small, achievable goals to get to 10K.
Great ways to add an extra 500-1000 steps to your day
• Take the stairs (three flights, up and down)
• Park a block away from your destination
• Walk the dog (5-10 minutes)
We want feel empowered through taking better care of ourselves. It’s important to us to feel good both inside and out. We are looking to improve our overall health in a way that we enjoy. We want to be active by doing something we like to do, that we can do at our own speed, with our friends. We want to make progress that isn’t just measured in inches or pounds lost…and we want to look good doing it!
WE WANT TO STEP FORWARD. Let’s STEP FORWARD, together!
Every step counts!
Let’s celebrate our victories together and do it in style! Help us reach 2 million steps by the end of December and come see the progress of our combined efforts!
To join a walk, sign up in store at one of the participating locations and stay tuned for pics and testimonials from our Step Forward Walks!
Wish for your Penningtons store to join the program? Let us know in the comments below!
The STEP FORWARD PROGRAM is proudly certified by Chantal Barnwell.
In the mid-80’s, Chantal’s career in Spa and Fitness development and related technologies was launched in Europe. She created and operated her world-class training and fitness spa institute, Le Fit Club in Cannes. Her exceptional leadership qualities and dedication as a team player will no doubt provide an excellent catalyst to launch the utmost vision into the next millennium.